We look forward to providing you the utmost in quality, compassionate cancer care at every visit. To learn about scheduling an appointment and other helpful details about your visit, refer to the information below.
Should you have additional questions give us a call, and one of our staff members will assist you.
Have You Been Referred?
Most patients are referred to us by another physician. Your physician’s office will make the initial contact with our staff and schedule the appointment for you.
Are You Self-Referred or Seeking a Second Opinion?
Some of our physicians will accept self-referred patients and those desiring second opinions. If you have not been referred by your doctor, call our office and ask for a referral. Most physicians will honor patient requests. If you cannot get your doctor to refer you, call one of our offices and ask if self-referrals are accepted.
What Should You Bring?
At each office visit, you will need to bring the following items:
- Your insurance cards
- A list of your medications, including over-the-counter
- A list of questions you have for your physician to ensure you discuss issues important to you
- A friend or someone close to you (if you would like company or someone to help listen to your discussion with your physician)
What Should You Remember?
At each office visit, you will need to do the following things:
- Show your insurance cards to the receptionist when you sign in
- Let us know if you have additional insurance or if it has changed
- Inform us if you have changes in employment, marital status, address or telephone numbers
- Schedule your next appointment, whether for follow up with your physician, lab or treatment
Do You Have Questions?
If you have questions prior to your initial appointment, visit our Commonly Asked Questions section or reach out to one of our offices for help. Our staff will answer your call and any questions you may have about your upcoming visit.